Background

April 2, 2010

Egg Hunt

We attended the city Easter egg hunt last weekend.  The boys had a great time, and of course, Josh and I loved watching them have a great time.  Henry was so excited to be "hunting eggs" that he didn't really "hunt eggs"...he would grab one and then just run circles around 20 other eggs while other little hunters picked them up!  Our plan was that Josh would follow Henry and take pictures, and I would follow Sean with the video camera (last year I tripped over a kid doing this, and I still got the job again this year!), and then we would somehow switch....or something.  Anyway, Sean started off the hunt in tears because he couldn't keep up with Josh.  So, we probably passed 1,000 eggs on our way to Josh, but we caught him, and then Sean was happy and willing to pick up some eggs!  Inspite of all of this, we still came home with way too many eggs. 
My favorite part was our annual picture with the Easter Bunny!  For the past four years, I have found pleasure in forcing my children into the arms of a not-so-cuddly-looking-bunny, and snapping a picture while they are crying and struggling to get away....this year, they didn't disappoint! 
Unfortunately, I cannot find the picture from last year (and I guarentee there were tears), but here is a recap from previous years:
2008
2007
We pray that all of our family and friends have a very blessed Holy Week and Easter celebration.

1 comment:

  1. Great job being a demented mother. I believe it is hereditary as I remember the collage of photos of you scared of Santa...and deer...and clowns. And look, you turned out normal. Your sons will thank you when they are older b/c all will enjoy them at the graduation parties, and then they, too, will perpetuate the violence against the innocent which will at that point be multiple generations deep. LOVE these photos. Seriously - they made me laugh out loud. Being the Easter Bunny has got to make an alcoholic out of even the best of them!

    ReplyDelete