Background

September 26, 2010

Rain

It amazes me how children are little sponges.  After reading this poem to Henry, twice a day for three days, he had it memorized.  Sean was around for one of those days, and all of a sudden, he was reciting the poem as well.  


Speaking of rain, we got A LOT of rain in July and early August.  The rain storms can be pretty amazing here.  At any  moment, it might just start to down pour, and then just as suddenly as it started, it can stop.  We have enjoyed the "tropical rains" very much, but I do have to admit, when it was raining most of the day, every day back in July & August, we were sick of it.  The beach was calling our names!  Here are some pictures of us trying to make the most of a rainy day...





2 comments:

  1. love it! Love the beach as well. For some reason (probably it is b/c I am doing something wrong) I cannot hear the boys recite the poem. But my kids guessed it was the poem they memorized by Robert Louis Stevenson??? My volume is up, so tell me if I need to do something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! Reminds me of when I was young playing in the ditches filled with water after a good Texas rain. We used to catch crawdads (look like shrimp) after a rain too. Don't ask me where in the world they came from!!

    ReplyDelete