Background

July 4, 2012

Remembering May...

...in (mostly, and lots of) pictures:

Wow, time is flying!

ORDINARY DAYS:

gone fishing (a lake on Ft. Dix)
Sean
Henry
 We have been making a LOT of cookies lately.  My helpers making oatmeal raison, Daddy's favorite
 We play games in this house, like it is our job.  Here are Sean & William playing The Ladybug Game, and apparently they recruited Sam to be in charge of the "praying mantis passes"

 Post-dinner game time.  All are invited & included...
Even Knights have to break for lunch time:
 School time!  And I added that exclamation point, because as of now, we have finished up the year!!  Summer break is so much fun, and we are adjusting to having less of a routine and structure:)

The Air Show:
Josh was on-call for the medical response team on Saturday during the air show, so he was required to be on base.  We joined up with him and enjoyed the show! 

Unfortunately, on Sunday, which was Mother's Day, Josh was actually working at the air show.  He and the boys gifted me earlier in the week with a garden kit and garden.  I have never been successful when it comes to growing anything green, but I have really wanted to learn to garden.  I LOVE it, and it has been fun for the whole family.  I wanted to share these photos, but I request that you don't ask how the garden is doing:), I have had to put more time and energy into raising boys, not food.  The desire to garden is still there though
Two very proud boys presenting me with my gift


BASEBALL:  The season is officially over.  The boys loved playing....
 Sean was in a league for 3-4yr olds, and in his last game, he caught a fly ball....not something that usually happens in this league.  Sean was psyched, and the parents & coaches went crazy yelling, cheering and laughing, and then all of that attention mixed with Sean's own joy, revealed the most adorable facial expression on his face for the rest of the game.  He wanted to burst, but waited to really let loose until he was in the comfort of his own home. 
Henry really had a successful season, learning about the game, as well as many new skills of the game, unfortunately including this gross gesture...

So, this is Henry's "ready position" for defense.  Our efforts to correct this stance were to no avail, I am almost convinced that his hips to not rotate back

Here is Henry in his last game:  notice the 3rd base coach(es) and for some reason every time made his way to home plate, he slid.  No one taught him how, or told him to, he just did it.  


I have never cared much for the sport of softball, and now I like it even less.  Josh (with full support from his wife) signed up to play on the medical team.  I had no idea what I was in for.  For the past few months, he has had THREE games per week, and these games just happen to be in the bewitching hours...you know, late afternoon & evening (including dinner time).  It has been tough.  Dinner prep on these days looks something like this:
there have been many more days than I would like to admit, that I have resorted to hotdogs, or homemade pizza.  Josh strategically only entered softball games into our calendar for the upcoming week. Week after week I thought we were on the last week of games.  But now I know that the end is in sight-  thanks to my visit to the eye doctor, who happens to be on the team, I asked, "So, how long is this softball season?" ...Another week and then playoffs, that is how long I will be faking my smile as I cheer on my husband to victory.   But, before you go feeling too sorry for me, I should say that Josh really does deserve this outlet.  He works so hard in the clinic and at home, that I am genuinely glad he has a fun (for him) activity.  Secondly, I foresee some sort of "softball" season in my future...along the lines of new shoes and discounted beverage hours!!

Speaking of Josh, we celebrated his birthday at the end of the month!!  He picked out a sampler cheesecake from Costco for his dessert, and since I can't eat it, and the boys didn't care for it, he enjoyed himself a LOT of cheesecake!  We were limited on candles, so we lit ten at a time until we reached the big number 34!  The boys thought this was great.  
After he blew out his candles, the boys took turns saying what they love most about Daddy.  I have to share Sean's answer because it was precious.  He said, "I love Daddy because he always likes me."  Everything I read about raising boys tells me that they are always seeking their father's approval, well, how wonderful that Sean knows his dad loves and likes him.  We gifted Josh with a much needed new grill.  He is happy with the gift, but hadn't planned on spending hours putting together his birthday gift- oops!  

Henry enjoying some grilled corn, without any front teeth to bite it!


CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!!!!  That is what our new stroller screams every time we use it...as if we don't attract enough attention with twins, then there is the fact that we have 5 children, and then after re-surveying our brood, it is noticed with great exclamation that they are ALL boys.  No more being discreet with our bright red, child-filled stroller
William loves his new throne!  The first time I put him in it, he declared, "I so tall" and then I had to bribe him with chocolate chips to get him out (yes, I am not above bribery).  This stroller is awesome.  Will is a bit on the lazy (I mean, less-than-motivated-to-move-at-a-normal-pace-when-on-foot) side, so once we found out that we were pregnant with twins, we needed to upgrade our ride to something that really did hold three children, not like our old one that was holding on by a thread, literally.
I am not usually one to get too attached or sentimental about things, but I was sad to see this trusty ole stroller go.  I have countless memories from the many miles and hours we put on this stroller, walking, talking, praying, sight seeing, and burning calories!

Now for the good stuff, pictures of the babies...
Ben

Sam/Ben

Henry & Sam

Sam's luscious sleeping face

Sam/Ben

Burrito babies: Ben(top)Sam(bottom)

Ben & Henry

Sam
Sam


Sam/Ben

Sam eats his hands all day long

Talking...Sam/Ben








2 comments:

  1. As always, loved and needed that update. The boys are so big and so cute! That stroller (and William) ROCK! Excited to see your new shoes and hear about YOUR softball. Lastly, you look fabulous! I am so proud of you, and if I didn't love you I'd be jealous b/c not only has it been nearly seven years since my last pregnancy, I've never had legitimate twins (which is beside the point since I've never carried twins!). Josh, smart planning re: your bday dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I loved all the pictures. That stroller is so awesome. Don't let Sara see it, she'll be wishing we had one (she still hates to walk at almost 7!) I love the pics of your family playing games together. What fabulous parents you are. And you are a such a great wife to cheer Josh on with softball. I agree they need their outlets, but the bewitching hour is tough stuff (and I don't have twins!!)
    Thanks for the great post. MIss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete