Background

February 9, 2013

In Summery: September & October...

September:
We started home school.  Everyone is eager to teach and to learn in September!  Soccer was still going on, and the season was a success.  The boys were blessed with a FANTASTIC coach.  They improved so much, and learned so many new skills.  They had practice twice/week, and games on Saturdays.  Surprisingly, soccer is pretty competitive at this age!  Henry scored one goal and therefore deemed the season a success.  Sean did not score, but he did not play much offense.  He was the go-to goalie guy, and saved many a game for us!  I can't tell you how many complements we received on his determination and raw talent.  Since I am already bragging, I will add this photo....it is of Sean heading the ball.  He did it multiple times after seeing it on TV!
William in action:

We took a trip to Bethlehem, PA, where my brother lives, to go to a Celtic festival.  It was fun, and the boys especially loved the Highland Games (throwing rocks and poles and stuff) and fried foods.  The bands were awesome and the downtown area was like a mini Seattle.  I am doing family photos there next year.  
We went to a farm that was hosting a free Fall festival for my birthday- it was very hot, but tons of fun for the whole family (see photo), just the way I like to spend my birthday.
I just found this photo of me multitasking just after feeding a baby

And here is a little video that I came across from back when we could just plop the babies down somewhere and they didn't move...





OCTOBER:
Josh took a "work" trip to San Francisco for a week.  While he did attend a few workshops here and there, he was able to spend some quality time with one of his close, child-hood friends, Doug.  Doug was a fantastic tour guide, and Josh really liked the city.  I am so happy that he was able to go, and have a great time, it was one of his highlights of last year.
Remember that garden we attempted in our back yard?  Well, we were slightly successful, especially if you count planting mint, which apparently takes over your entire garden and some of your yard.  It sure made our garden look green, and our yard smell good, but we will pot it next Spring.

2 comments:

  1. We loved soccer this fall too, hooray for great coaches!! I love your multitasking... you are one awesome mom of boys!! Way impressed with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your carpet lines.

    Seriously!!! Your babies are the only on earth who find a vacuum soothing. Normal babies are consoled by their mother's heartbeat or smell, but yours... it is as if they are saying, "Oh yeah...that is the sound we heard in utero every.single.day."

    ReplyDelete