Background

April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Once again, joining the group for Friday Quick Takes, hosted by Grace....

Out of the mouth of babes....

1.  We took a family outing to one of our favorite locations, Costco, and after sampling multiple very sugar-filled samples and some shopping-boredom set in, the big boys began to get a little restless and started viewing the store as a giant jungle gym.  After Josh reminded Henry of proper store behavior, Henry responded with, "It seems like you are trying to take all of my fun away."

2.  Shortly after putting the older three boys to bed, Henry came down stairs and told us he wasn't able to sleep because there was something stinky in his room.  He was sent back to bed.  Shortly thereafter, William came down stairs.  When asked why he was down stairs, William replied, "Because I am stinky."

3.  In base housing, they do not offer garbage service, so we have to dispose of our own garbage at  centrally located dumpsters.  Josh asked the boys if anyone wanted to come with him for a "dump run"
William excitedly volunteered and asked, "Can I wear duck feet?"
Josh: Duck feet?
William: Oh, I mean bear feet

4.  Sean has been writing letters to anyone and everyone he knows lately, including myself.  I was enjoying reading this sweet letter from my boy who eats, breaths and sleeps sports, and then I saw the last line....


Although at times this may be true, next week in school, we will add the word "best" to his spelling list.

5. While Henry is reading a story to Sean and Will.....
Henry: "Sean, can you hold my water bottle for me?  Secondly, don't get your mouth germs on it."
Sean: "Sure.  Secondly, I tooted."

6.    The other day at lunch, after correcting William's verbal behavior multiple times, I finally said, "William, hush up!"  Without hesitation, he responded, "I hush down."

7.  This last one is from my babe, with a capital B....
I can't remember exactly how Josh and I got on the topic, but somehow I stated that I would not use the adjective "charismatic" to describe his personality.  After seeing disappointment on his face, I desperately tried to dig myself out of that hole by quickly saying that I have never really been attracted to "charismatic" people, and then went on to name a few people who I would describe as charismatic, and how I find them annoying or shallow.  I was still in the hole when I changed my approach by showering him with praises about how everyone loves the "strong, silent" type of man, which he totally is.  The damage was done, but my-perfect-in-every-way husband, has a great sense of humor, and sends me this text when our conversation was abruptly interrupted by a tired baby...

1 comment:

  1. Jumping over from 7QTs...I have to chuckle: I'm always sticking my foot in my mouth when I'm talking to my husband! I can relate.

    ReplyDelete