Background

October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Carving


We had a lot of fun carving pumpkins this year.  We invested in a good quality carving kit which made the process so much easier and less messy.  And by less messy, I mean for the first time we didn't empty Josh's tool box as well as my kitchen drawers attempting to find the perfect tool for carving.  
Henry loved every part of the process

Sean enjoyed carving, up until he reached inside the pumpkin...
texture issues!!
I love the looks on every ones faces, no words needed to explain what is going on here

more texture issues!
again, no words needed!
The final products...

These three fine pumpkins yielded many seeds, so I made three different flavors of toasted seeds,  YUMMY! 

Carmel Apples, even more yummy!

yes, the carmel apples resulted in a wonderful evening of hyperactivity....it was just a nice way to say goodbye to Josh the night before goes TDY.  I am sure he will miss us:) 





2 comments:

  1. so very fun! my kids all hate the insides too. cute pictures and fun memories :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family always has the best carved pumpkins! I think the shots of Sean (with Josh and Henry staring at him) and William showing their 'issues' are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete