Background

October 9, 2012

Back in July....

....we were here, just being us, and this is what it looked like:


Like Mother, like Son


We dig, because we are boys.  Note: Sean stepping on a garden trowel like you would a large shovel- Kid Genius!
A boy's life: (from left to right)
fencing- inspired by the Olympics, wrestling starts young around here
reading chapter books, baseball
relaxing, catching toads

July in New Jersey was extremely hot, similar to every other part of the country.  The three older boys attended Vacation Bible School for a week, and I enjoyed a few hours of quiet time, baby time, and while the babies napped some serious catching up on my "to do" list.  If you know me at all, you know I love a good list, but the list had grown very long the previous months, with little accomplished, until the week of VBS.  I was exhausted by the end of the week, but very much rejuvenated and maybe even slightly more sane and accomplished.  Oh, yeah, and the boys LOVED VBS and thus, we were one big happy family!  So the boys learned a few new songs at VBS, one being about the 7 sacraments.  At dinner, we asked, "how many sacraments are there?" to which the boys correctly answered, "SEVEN"!  
"And what are the seven sacraments?"
Sean: "SURFING!"
He confused the sacraments with a song about "surfing with the Spirit", but whatever, while we fine tune his doctrine lessons, I am sure someone out there believes that surfing is a sacrament, and would totally, most definitely agree with Sean and say, "Yeah, Dude."

Much to my dismay, the twins started getting teeth at the ripe ole age of 4 months, and they also started using them- even more to my dismay:(  Ben & Sam also started rolling like pros, as well as scooting, therefore making them official "mobile hazards".  

The boys had their first Olympics experience, and they loved it!  For the first time ever, watching TV in our home was highly encouraged and done by all, and it opened a whole new door into the world of sports for the Conway boys.  I am sure the neighbors were relieved when half way through the Olympics we left for vacation (will get to that another time), because I am sure the "U-S-A" chanting coming from our home was deafening.  William still cheers for USA whenever he sees sports on TV, even though we have tried telling him that both NFL teams are USA.  Oh well.

Lastly, on July 27th, we celebrated William's 3rd birthday.  I will come back soon for that...


1 comment:

  1. your guys crack me up! the first picture made me laugh, too. I assume that's a costco-sized bag of chocolate chips, or else Sam is about the size of Stuart Little :)

    ReplyDelete